Frank Turner Howard, born May 31, 1855, became a banker and financier and used his wealth to provide money for two public schools, the Kingsley House, and the Trinity Episcopal Church. His sister, Annie T. Howard, established the Howard Memorial Library to honor their father, Charles T. Howard, and Frank gave money to build the Confederate Museum on Camp Street to complement the library.
Frank T. Howard received numerous civic honors throughout his lifetime. He was the first recipient of The Times-Picayune's Loving Cup, and like his father in 1877, he reigned as Rex in 1895. Miss Lydia Fairchild, who was Queen of Carnival that year, afterward became Mrs. Frank T. Howard.
Taken from: Blake Pontchartrain, "New Orleans Know-It-All," Gambit Weekly, New Orleans, July 17, 2001 (http://www.bestofneworleans.com/dispatch/2001-07-17/blake.html) accessed 12/29/04. Consult source for additional information about Howard.